Thursday, May 8, 2008

Journal Entry 6: Review and Conclusion

This week I focused on the overall forms that I have learned. I have tried to remember each of the forms in their entirety and then I attempted to incorporate the meanings of them into my everyday life. The Kibon forms as already stated, are the basics and taught me the individual movements and basics for the Taegeuk forms that would follow. The first Taegeuk form applies a series of actions from keon, or heaven. Taeguek is the source of everything, starting with keon. Keon represents growth on earth which is started by the light and rain. Taegeuk form 1 applies the walking stance, forward stance, middle punch, middle block and front snap kick, which combined showed me the underlying concepts represented by them. Each form has a similar meaning. 

I felt more in tune with my body than I ever have during this experiment and will probably continue to learn the techniques that I have learned and maybe even pursue formal training in the art. I feel stronger and more flexible than when I started and even more able to defend myself. I would recommend this to anyone because of the discipline that it takes to stay on top of it and the resulting feeling of strength and confidence. I have extremely enjoyed this experiment and will always remember the things that I have learned. 

No comments: